Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fingerprinting

  Today I had the distinct pleasure of heading to the fingerprinting institution here in Austin. I had turned in my fingerprints weeks ago to get my Texas nursing license but according to the people that did them "the transmission didn't go through- our bad." So I got to spend the morning getting fingerprinted. Not as easy of a process as I thought it would be...
  First I went to the location near work. There I waited on the phone for 40 minutes only to be told that they could not do my prints electronically this second time and that I had to do them on a card. I was then informed that I would have to drive to South Austin (about 25 minutes away without traffic) to the other location that does cards. After sitting in traffic for 40 minutes I arrived. The woman there informed me that I was late. Well yes, I am lady. I drove from your other location (where you knew I was coming from) all the way down here during rush hour! But thanks for pointing that out. 
  I was then informed that I needed to walk these cards to the Board of Nursing myself. That mean a trip to the middle of downtown Austin. Sigh. Well, 1/4 tank of gas later my fingerprints are now where they need to be. Let's hope I pass the background check ;)
  Oh yeah... and when I finally arrived at work I discovered in my haste to get fingerprinted I had forgotten to wear certain item of underclothing specific to women. Sigh... What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment