Sunday, October 4, 2009

I love Autumn!

I love October! I am going to miss the changing of the leaves, the first frost and the cool crisp air that comes with October in Utah. One of my favorite things is driving around with my windows down, my heater on and the music loud. But I will enjoy wearing flip flops and taking walks and not having to de-ice my car now that I live in Texas. What I most enjoy about October is that it marks the beginning of all of the great holidays! Today I started my Halloween craftiness by making some fun dinner items...
Here is the process by which you make oranges in to Jack-O-Lanterns with Salad:

Choose lovely oranges (I bought orange/tangerine hybrids because they are a richer orange)


Cut off the top of the orange:

Scoop out the middle with a knife and spoon (save the inside for your salad or whatever else)

Carve like a pumpkin (the skin is softer so be gentle)

Fill with salad and serve! Yummy and fun!
The salad I served was spinach, craisins, orange slices, parmesan cheese with fat-free poppyseed dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment